Check the Cliff

Monday, August 29, 2011

Treasured Life

I’m an artifact of creation,
Plagued with saturation
Of confusion and doubt
That turns me to devastation.
In a moment of clarity,
Life is revealed to me
To mean much less than what I thought,
And even less than what it seems.
We live and die with no control.
And though we try to get a hold
Our lives slip further from our grip,
As we lose our minds in the abyss.
Our thoughts grow weary,
Our eyes become teary.
On our knees we start weeping
Due to the rampant power of feelings.
Life annihilates faith with ease.
Hope to the weak is only a tease.
To be happy one must do what they please,
And treat logical thought as a horrid disease.
For what is society while we live
But a barrier keeping fear within,
Stopping us from the pleasures of life,
Keeping us confined and blind to sight.
And what is society once we are dead
But a long gone thought in an empty head?
Lose all attention to the eyes of others
And society ceases its power to smother.
To live my life through desire alone
With the people as puppets for me to own,
And the world as a stage for me to show
The life that’s my duty for me to grow.
How I wish I could forget about the colored past,
And forget about the future’s shadows at last.
To live in the moment with nothing but pleasure
Would make my life an unmatchable treasure.

No comments: